Passion Like Paul

• Bu konu 1 izleyen ve 0 yanıt içeriyor.
1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Yazar
    Yazılar
    Anonim
    Pasif

I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 1:14-16

Paul did not have just a fleeting, half-hearted desire to present the Gospel to those who had not heard – it was the very essence of his life. Everything he thought, said and did focused on presenting Christ to those around him. Every person he came into contact with was a soul that Jesus died to save. Let’s examine three key phrases in the above passage:

“I am obligated” – Paul felt a strong sense of obligation to present the Good News of Jesus Christ, who died in our place for our sins, to everyone. It was as if he had been given the most precious gift in the world, and he wouldn’t think of keeping it to himself. (“Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel!” – 1 Cor 9:16). Do we share this same sense of obligation?

“I am so eager to preach the Gospel” – Paul had a deep longing to share the Gospel. He couldn’t wait to tell the next person about God’s plan of salvation and eternal life. Most people today are reluctant to share; even fewer could be described as “eager”.

“I am not ashamed of the Gospel” – Paul did not view Jesus as someone to be ashamed of. He did not care if his message appeared ridiculous to others. He viewed the Gospel as “the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes”. God’s message is powerful, yet many people today are ashamed or afraid to share for fear of being rejected or seeming foolish to others.

Look around you. There are people everywhere who have not heard the truth claims of Christ. Who will tell them? Do we feel obligated to share Christ with people? Are we eager to share? Or are we ashamed?

1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.