Against Common Sense

• Bu konu 2 izleyen ve 2 yanıt içeriyor.
3 yazı görüntüleniyor - 1 ile 3 arası (toplam 3)
  • Yazar
    Yazılar
    Anonim
    Pasif

Jeremiah said, “The word of the LORD came to me: Hanamel son of Shallum your uncle is going to come to you and say, ‘Buy my field at Anathoth, because as nearest relative it is your right and duty to buy it.’ “Then, just as the LORD had said, my cousin Hanamel came to me in the courtyard of the guard and said, ‘Buy my field at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin. Since it is your right to redeem it and possess it, buy it for yourself.’ “I knew that this was the word of the LORD; so I bought the field at Anathoth from my cousin Hanamel and weighed out for him seventeen shekels of silver. Jeremiah 32:6-9

This is one of those cases where God’s ways are not our ways. God instructed Jeremiah to buy a plot of land and to make sure the deed of transfer was legally sealed and witnessed. What is so strange about this is the fact that this occurred in approximately the second year of Babylon’s siege of Jerusalem (about one year before the captivity) – meaning Jeremiah would probably not get much enjoyment out of his new property, and that the land itself probably wasn’t worth much.

So why would God do such a strange thing? Why do God’s instructions so often go against our common sense? Perhaps it was that God wanted Jeremiah to stop relying on his own common sense and start relying only on God. God often asks us to do things that don’t make sense to us (Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac, Moses was told to confront Pharaoh, Joshua was told to defeat Jericho by marching around the city for seven days with no weapons, Noah was told to build a boat on dry land, etc.). This usually requires us to trust God in ways we have not had to before. It stretches our faith. Jeremiah’s specific action demonstrated faith that God would one day restore the Israelites to their homeland.

These bible heroes had incredible faith. They knew nothing was impossible for God and they trusted Him completely. What if God’s people today had this same blind faith?

What is God asking of you today? Are you willing to say “yes” to God even if it means going against your common sense?

Anonim
    Pasif

Foster thanks for ‘touching’ such a delicate issue, regarding faith… This is a very important, most crucial ‘detail’ in our dealing with God’s will in our daily lives, indeed…

Anonim
    Pasif

@Viran dede 20201 wrote:

Foster thanks for ‘touching’ such a delicate issue, regarding faith… This is a very important, most crucial ‘detail’ in our dealing with God’s will in our daily lives, indeed…

Sevgili Viran dede – bir şey değil. Yeni yıllar kutlu olson! Foster

3 yazı görüntüleniyor - 1 ile 3 arası (toplam 3)
  • Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.