Power in Weakness

• Bu konu 1 izleyen ve 0 yanıt içeriyor.
1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Yazar
    Yazılar
    Anonim
    Pasif

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Cor 12:7-10

1] God’s grace is sufficient. Do we really know what this means? No matter our circumstances, regardless of what we lack or what we may be going through, the fact that God loves us so much that He withheld the penalty that our sins deserve (death – see Rom 6:23), and instead sacrificed His beloved Son so that we may enjoy eternal life with Him, this is all we truly need. His grace sustains us. Our circumstances in this life are temporary. This should give us the strength to make it through the trials we may be going through.

2] Not only does his grace sustain us in our weakness, but His power is actually perfected in our weakness. Think about this. When we are struggling and things are so bad that it seems like there is no hope, this is where God begins to move and work. And it seems like the worse the situation is, the more His power is displayed. Think about a seeimingly impossible situation in your life. When God answers, doesn’t it seem all the more spectacular?

3] Look at Paul’s reaction to this amazing truth. “I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.” Can we do the same?

Take some time this week and reflect on these truths. Pray about how God might make them a reality in your life.

1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.