What does OMNIPOTENCE mean?

• Bu konu 2 izleyen ve 1 yanıt içeriyor.
2 yazı görüntüleniyor - 1 ile 2 arası (toplam 2)
  • Yazar
    Yazılar
    Armagan
    Anahtar yönetici

OMNIPOTENCE

the state or quality of being infinite in power, authority, or might. — omnipotent, adj.

Does omnipotence mean that God can do literally anything? No, that is not the meaning. There are many things God cannot do. He cannot do what is self-contradictory or nonsensical, like squaring the circle. Nor (and this is vital) can he act out of character. God has a perfect moral character, and it is not in him to deny it. He cannot be capricious, unloving, random, unjust, or inconsistent. Just as he cannot pardon sin without atonement because that would not be right, so he cannot fail to be faithful and just in forgiving sins that are confessed in faith and in keeping all the other promises he has made. Moral instability, vacillation, and unreliability are marks of weakness, not of strength: but God’s omnipotence is supreme strength, making is impossible that he should lapse into imperfection of this sort.
    The positive way to say this is: though there are things which a holy, rational God is incapable of intending, all that he intends to do he actually does. “Whatever the Lord pleases he does” (Ps. 135:6). As when he planned the make the world, “he spoke, and it came to be” (Ps. 33:9), so it is with everything that he wills. With people “there’s many a slip twixt cup and lip,” but not with him.

Anonim
    Pasif

God is Omnipotent

This means that God is all-powerful. There is nothing that our God cannot do and He is in control of everything. God sustains everything in the universe through His Word.

Hebrews 1:3 : “Who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.”

God is Omniscient

This means God knows everything.

Jeremiah 23:24 : ” ‘Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?’ says the Lord; ‘Do I not fill heaven and earth?’ says the Lord.”

God is Omnipresent

God is everywhere at the same time and is not limited to the earthly dimensions of time and space like we are. He is not bound by human and natural circumstances.

God is revealed through nature

Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.”

God is Sovereign

God is the ruler of everything and everyone.

Isaiah 55:8-9: ” ‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways’ says the Lord. ‘ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.’ “

From this verse, we can understand that God’s ways are higher than our ways and He does not need to give account to anyone or anything, except His own Word. God is not limited like we are.

Isaiah 44:24 “Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and He who formed you from the womb: ‘ I am the Lord, who makes all things, who stretches out the heavens all alone, who spreads abroad the earth by Myself.'”

Ref: Sias Le Roux

2 yazı görüntüleniyor - 1 ile 2 arası (toplam 2)
  • Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.