The Simplicity of Following Jesus

• Bu konu 1 izleyen ve 0 yanıt içeriyor.
1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Yazar
    Yazılar
    Anonim
    Pasif

Onları dışarıya çıkarıp, “Efendiler“ dedi, “kurtulmak için ne yapmalıyım“? Onlar, “Rab İsa’ya iman et, kurtulacaksıin“ dediler, “sen de, ev halkıin da.“ Habercilerin İşleri 16:30-31

He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household.” Acts 16:30-31

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

Many people today are curious about Christianity and asking “How do I become a Christian?” How should we respond? The above verses represent the simple truth of how to become a follower of Jesus.

Can it really be this simple? Many people doubt these truths of God’s Word. Islam and other religions require you to “do” something to earn your way to heaven. We all know people who have made mistakes or bad choices in life – some of them serious – and when you approach them about following Jesus, they doubt the simplicity of the Gospel. You may hear excuses like “it’s too late for me”, “I’ve done too many horrible things in my life for God to forgive me”, or “I must have to do something more to pay God back or make restitution for all the bad things I have done”. But our deeds are never enough. That’s why Jesus died as the once-and-for-all, perfect sacrifice – “the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).

It is all about trust, plain and simple. We cannot orchestrate our own salvation – we must depend completely upon God and the sacrifice of Jesus for our salvation. Will we let go, trusting God and allowing the power of God work in us? Will we share this simple truth with others who desparately need to hear it?

1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.