- Bu konu 1 izleyen ve 0 yanıt içeriyor.
20. Temmuz 2008: 22:19 #25325ArmaganAnahtar yönetici
See this page in: Dutch (Nederlands), German, Hungarian
The word “suicide” is not found in the Bible. It comes from the Latin sui-meaning “of oneself”, and -cida, meaning “to kill”.
Augustine argued in the fifth century that suicide was a violation of the sixth commandment,
Later, Thomas Aquinas, being Catholic and believing that confession of sin must be made prior to departure from the world to the next, taught that suicide was the most fatal of all sins because the victim could not repent of it. The problem with his view is that it represents a gross misunderstanding of eternal security, which Scripture clearly teaches. We are saved by the grace of God, not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9) and nothing can separate a Christian from the love of God (Romans 8:37-39).
Other verses that clearly teach assurance of salvation for the believer are:“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.”
“And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.”
—1 John 5:11-13
However, suicide is not what God wants for anyone. We have a God who loves us and cares for us and promises to meet all of our needs if we place our trust in Him (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- What else does the Bible say about suicide? Answer
- Are there biblical examples of depression and how to deal with it? Answer
- Are you feeling depressed? There are answers. What should a Christian do if overwhelmed with depression? Answer
- How can I be and feel forgiven? Go…
- If God forgives me everytime I ask, why do I still feel so guilty? Go.
- I think I was sexually abused, but I’m not sure. What Is sexual abuse, and what can I do to stop the trauma I am facing now? Go
- I’m ugly. Why was God so unfair to me this way? Go…
- If God knows I am hurting, why doesn’t He help me? Go…
- Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.