How Did Jesus Respond to Trials? A Christlike Perspective

• Bu konu 1 izleyen ve 0 yanıt içeriyor.
1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Yazar
    Yazılar
    Anonim
    Pasif

Now my heart is troubled and what shall I say? “Father, save me from this hour”? No, it was for this very reason that I came to this hour. “Father, glorify your name!” John 12:27-28

Jesus was speaking about His crucifixion. How could He not be filled with worry and grief about the excruciating pain he would experience, and the separation from His Father? He was determined to God’s will, no matter what the cost.

How do we respond to trials, struggles or life’s difficult circumstances? Most of us would probably say “God, save me from this. Remove me from this situation. It is too difficult, too painful for me to endure. I can’t possibly go through such an ordeal.” It is not natural (or fun) to take the hard and painful road. But Jesus’ attitude above reflects the same of Job in chapter 2 of his book (“shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” – Job 2:10).

The unfortunate fact is that trials and difficulties – some small and some very large – are a part of life; we cannot avoid them. If we run from them, we are only likely to encounter more difficulties later on. But – if God is truly the Author of our circumstances, can we simply surrender to Him and trust that what He has given us is worth going through? Can He teach us something through these circumstances? Maybe He is trying to strengthen our faith, or teach us to rely solely on Him rather than on ourselves. Isn’t He worth it? Look at what He went through (willingly) for us. And God will be glorified by your faithfulness.

Daniel’s three friends – Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego – were not saved from entering the fiery furnace. God did not save them from going into or through the fire (they went willingly because of their determination to obey God’s commands). In fact, it was in the fire that they met Christ! (see Daniel 3). Are we willing to go through the fire?

1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.