"Does the Qur’an replace the Bible?"

• Bu konu 1 izleyen ve 0 yanıt içeriyor.
1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Yazar
    Yazılar
    Armagan
    Anahtar yönetici

Question: “Does the Qur’an replace the Bible?”

Answer: Rather than replacing, the Qur’an urges Muslims to read the Bible.

Many Muslims have never read a Bible because they think the Qur’an has replaced it. The Qur’an, however, never claims to annul the Bible. The one instance of abrogation affected only the Qur’an’s own verses (Surah 2:106). The Qur’an instructs – not forbids – Muslims to read the Bible (Surah 5:44, 46; 3:3; 10:94-95).

While Muslim scholars have annulled dozens of verses in the Qur’an, Muslims still read them. Therefore, all Muslims should certainly read the “before Scriptures” which will never be superseded. God says “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away” (Matthew 24:35).

Some people say that just as the Injeel (Gospel) abrogated the Tauret (Torah/law), the Qur’an replaces the Gospel. However, the Gospel did not abrogate the Torah. The perfect Isa came not to abolish the law but to fulfill the law for those who cannot keep it.

Isa/Jesus said, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

In fact, Jesus showed that God’s law was even harder to keep than men think. He deepened the meaning of the law, saying, “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. . . . You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28).

Have you met that perfect standard? The Gospel says none of us can keep the demands of the law. We deserve hell (Romans 3:23; 6:23). Thankfully, Jesus Christ faultlessly kept the law of God. Find out how Jesus can transfer His goodness to you, so you may have assurance of paradise, click here.

Trust God’s “before Scripture”; it can never be annulled. “The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever” (Psalm 119:160).

Recommended Resource: Answering Islam: The Crescent in Light of the Cross by Norm Geisler.

1 yazı görüntüleniyor (toplam 1)
  • Bu konuyu yanıtlamak için giriş yapmış olmalısınız.